Sunday, January 9, 2011

Catching Up

I have been lax in getting the blog updated lately. I have got some decent days of fishing this winter and it has been fun. Overall, fishing has been slow, but some good catches have occurred. I got on the ice around the 2nd weekend of December, fishing in the Duluth area. My first 3 efforts were on a couple of proven first ice crappie/walleye spots, but each day I caught only 1 keeper crappie and no keeper walleyes. The Sportbar, our permanent shack, was put out the week before Christmas. On Christmas weekend my Wonderful Bride, Super Kid, and I went up to Ely and stayed a cabin right on a crappie/walleye lake. In between family events, I did get some fishing in. Christmas eve fishing was slow during the day, but I did get 3 keeper walleyes and a jumbo perch at dusk. On Christmas, my mom and dad joined us for a night. I caught a really nice, 39 inch, northern pike right before they arrived. My bride was unable to take a photo because Super Kid was napping. We didn't get too much after that. On that Sunday we went back to Duluth and my Dad and I fished in the Sportsbar, which was pretty slow, but a few perch were caught. On that Monday I fished with Officer Friendly, who was home on military leave. Fishing was slow, but I did get a big crappie. After spending New Year's with the family, I made it to the Sportsbar again yesterday. I was joined by my neighbor, who is undergoing cancer treatment (his prognosis is very good), and some pals of his. It was a very fun time, lots of laughs and lots of fishing action from northern pike. The biggest pike was 36 inches long and it was released to grow even larger.

Today is a calm, sunny, beautiful day, and I am hanging out with Super Kid, playing Princess Super Hero. It is the latest craze and involves a pink cape, a crown, and a shiny green cummerbund. I don't mind the cape, but the crown is itchy and the cummerbund is not flattering to my figure. Just as fun as fishing. On Friday I am heading to Canada with the Smoked Fish Guy, Farmer, Chief Many Little Bottles, and the Lieutenant to fish lake trout for four days. I can barely wait.

I'll post when I return.

Happy Birthday to Talent Show Winner!

No comments:

Post a Comment