Wednesday, January 18, 2012

New Pike Bait?


My buddy Chief MLB sent me the above photo today with the following story...

Hello Fellow Anglers,
Are you looking for that new bait that is guaranteed to catch big Northern Pike? Well my daughter (Sportsbar Record Holder), her husband, and another couple were out fishing a few weeks ago and may have found the best bait yet. They caught a large approximately 9 pound pike on a regular jig and a minnow. They noticed a bulge in the fish's belly, so upon cleaning the fish they opened the stomach to view the contents. What they found was not typical pike fare, but a BRATWURST! Partially digested and with the grill marks still on it. I couldn't believe it but my daughter (who couldn't tell a lie - not even a fish story) was witness and took the photos. They weren't eating bratwurst, so some other clumsy fisherman must have lost their lunch down the hole. Now I've lost a lot of stuff down an ice hole (sunglasses, rod, etc., etc.) but you'll never catch me losing a sausage...............
It just goes to show there's nothing a pike won't eat.
Happy fishing!
Chief MLB

No comments:

Post a Comment